The Dane County Farmers’ Market is proud to participate in the EBT/FoodShare program. Good nutrition is important for all of us, regardless of age, income level, or circumstance. And there is no better way to good nutrition and good health than through locally-grown and raised, natural products.
What is FoodShare?
FoodShare is Wisconsin’s version of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the federal program formerly known as food stamps.
How does it work?
The Dane County Farmers' Market has adapted market operations due to COVID-19. We are currently operating Wednesday Local Food Pick Ups at Pavilion 2 at the Alliant Energy Center. Here's how you can use your SNAP benefits to pre-order local produce and products.
- Download the WhatsGood app or create an account at sourcewhatsgood.com.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have created your WhatsGood account so we can set it up so that you can 'PAY AT PICKUP WITH SNAP' at checkout. Note: it may take 1-2 days to update your account.
- Browse the products in our online store and pre-order as much as you want within 1 transaction. Our online store opens at 10 am on Thursday and closes at noon on Tuesday. *Special holiday hours: store opens on Friday, November 27th at 10 am for December 2nd pick up.*
- During the pick up hours of 3:30 to 5:30 pm on Wednesdays, stop first at our EBT booth and swipe your Quest card for the total amount of pre-ordered goods. SNAP participants are not charged any fees associated with using WhatsGood!
- Drive-thru the pick up and our farmers contactlessly place your orders in your vehicle.
What can I buy with my Quest card?
You can spend your EBT benefits on any edible items on the DCFM online store on WhatsGood. SNAP eligible products include bakery goods, fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy products, edible plant seedlings, pickles, jams, and more. SNAP/EBT cannot be used to buy nonfood items (like cut flowers, hemp products, soaps, and yarn).
How do I get FoodShare benefits?
If you don’t have FoodShare benefits but think you may qualify, you can apply online at https://access.wisconsin.gov/. For FoodShare application assistance, call 877-FOOD-365 (877-366-3635), text FOODSHARE to 555888, or visit GetAQuestCard.org.
How can I find out more?
The 2020 Double Dollars matching program ended on October 31st, 2020.
Madison Area Farmers’ Market Double Dollars is a program for SNAP/FoodShare users. The program offers a dollar for dollar match for all SNAP transactions up to $25 per market day.